- August 19, 2016: State Parks Host NY State of Health Awareness Days to Educate Visitors on Affordable Coverage Available through the Marketplace
- August 11, 2016: Governor Cuomo Launches New York State Grown & Certified Food Program
- August 3, 2016: 2016 Annual Breastfeeding Grand Rounds Aims to Promote Exclusive Breastfeeding
- August 3, 2016: NYSDOH Wadsworth Center is One of Only Seven in the US Designated by CDC as Antimicrobial Resistance (AR) Regional Laboratories
- August 2, 2016: Governor Cuomo Directs Department of Health and MTA to Take Aggressive Action to Prevent Zika Virus in New York City Subway System
Local Health Departments
Local health departments prevent disease, promote health and protect the public from health problems and hazards.
- Need help getting your child immunized?
- Need to get a rabies vaccine for your pet?
- Feel sick after eating at a restaurant?
- Want to learn about the health needs in your community?
- Need to report a potential health violation?
Contact your local health department (LHD) or the LHD where the event occurred