- December 2, 2016: New York State Authorizes Advanced Home Health Aides, Enabling More New Yorkers to Live With Dignity In their Homes and Communities
- December 1, 2016: NYSDOH Announces Chronic Pain to Be Added As Qualifying Condition for Medical Marijuana
- November 30, 2016: New York State Announces Additional Steps Taken to Protect Impacted Residents In Response to Lackawanna Fire
- November 22, 2016: NYSDOH Announces Expansion of Medical Marijuana Program
- November 21, 2016: New York State Department of Health Announces $7.2 Million to Promote, Protect and Support Breastfeeding
Local Health Departments
Local health departments prevent disease, promote health and protect the public from health problems and hazards.
- Need help getting your child immunized?
- Need to get a rabies vaccine for your pet?
- Feel sick after eating at a restaurant?
- Want to learn about the health needs in your community?
- Need to report a potential health violation?
Contact your local health department (LHD) or the LHD where the event occurred